Rules for 2016 Captain Rusty Pete Island Adventure Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL "Win an Island Sailing Adventure for Two in the British Virgin Islands"
1. Sweepstakes Description. This sweepstakes is sponsored by Captain Rusty Pete Flotillas LLC, 8722 Clover Meadow Dr, Dallas, TX 75243 ("Sponsor"). The sweepstakes begins on May 1st, 2016 and ends on July 31st, 2016 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Entries must be received by midnight on July 31st, 2016. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these sweepstakes rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and its territories, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Rusty Pete LLC and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Acceptance of prize is subject to the policies and rules or restrictions of winner's employer.
3. How to Enter. One entry per person. Individuals will go to or Rusty Pete Flotilla Facebook page and fill in their full name, email address and zip code and all other applicable fields. Paper entry cards will be available for a manual entry. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants. By entering, all entries agree to receive the latest trip updates from Captain Rusty Pete Flotillas.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the sweepstakes.
4. Prize. Two winners will receive the following:
Seven (7) nights six (6) days for two (2) persons sharing aboard a 50 foot Voyage Catamaran departing Sopers Hole, West End, Tortola, British Virgin Islands. Included are all breakfasts, lunches and two dinners prepared aboard, wifi for two devices and BVI cruising taxes. Awards may be on separate boats.
What’s not included; alcohol, water toys, activities provided by 3rd parties, transfers, airfare, trip insurance, departure taxes or any other taxes not specifically included. This certificate cannot be applied to air travel or transfers and has no cash value. Only one Captain Rusty Pete Flotillas credit certificate redeemable per winner. Not redeemable through brokers or travel agents.
Trip is subject to blackout dates and availability. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay due to flight cancellation or weather. The award cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The prize is valid for the time period November 5th - 12th, 2016 unless dates are changed due to weather. If prize is not taken during this time frame, prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Estimated retail value of the prize package is $3000 USD. Actual value may vary based on dates of travel. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Random selection of two winners will occur on or about August 1st, 2016 from among all eligible entries received. Two (2) winners will be randomly selected. Winners will be notified by e-mail on or about August 1st, 2016. In the event that any prize notification or attempted notification e-mail is returned as undelivered, or if any attempted notification by e-mail is not successful within seven (7) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
Valid mailing address is required to claim a prize. Winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that winner is determined to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Winners agrees to the use of his or her names and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation (except where prohibited). By entering this sweepstakes, winners acknowledge that Sponsor has the right to publicize, by any medium, winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this sweepstakes, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless the Sponsor, Captain Rusty Pete LLC and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the sweepstakes or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These Official Rules are subject to modification by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsor are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web site, or who otherwise acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to rescind, cancel, terminate, or modify this sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including, but not limited to, if the sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes.
10. Name of Winners. For the name of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after August 1st, 2016 to Captain Rusty Pete Flotillas, Attn: BVI Sweepstakes, Captain Rusty Pete llc, 8722 Clover Meadow Dr, Dallas, TX 75243. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after August 1st will not be honored.